Monday, May 24, 2010

Short Skirt, Long Jacket, hello again, world!

I had almost forgotten about this site...
I've been hand writing most of my adventures, so I don't have anything just right here I can type up to show that I'm still writing... Ummmm, I have a trip planned for this weekend? We will leave friday at noon and get back tues at noon. We are going to the biggest island around (and I've heard one of the biggest islands in North America, but I'll have to Google it, to be sure) and we are going to stay in a log cabin on the beach. Which sounds fabulous, until you start remembering some of my (mis) adventures in Nature, and then cross-reference that with my cooking skills, now multiply by a campfire...

Oh! here's a funny story: So we're driving along this morning, and we see some girl w/ black slouchy boots that go above her knees, she's wearing one of those grey herringbone pattern coats that goes just an inch or so below her butt... and what appears to be white bloomers that peek out from under the coat with every step. Now, one of my darling husband's favorite songs is "Short Skirt, Long Jacket" as we drove by he admired the view. At which point I asked him if it looked like his day was going to be better. He said that it was a good omen. I stated that it was an “Ass-picious day” and he just laughed.
The hard part was explaining all of that to my daughter in the back seat who wanted to know what was so funny…

No comments:

Post a Comment